Wednesday 2 March 2011

My Little Baby Bug!

Hello Lovely Followers.

So today my topic is Jasmine/Jazz/Baby Girl/Lady Bug.
She was my Shar Pei, a Beautifull, Amazing, Loving, Crazy at times, Dog.
She made me so happy words cannot describe, and then I lost her which broke my heart.


I remember the first day we got her, and i shall never forget it either! O_O
I was staying at a friends that weekend when i got a txt from my mother telling me she'd bought a dog, so on the sunday afternoon I got too over excited to stay any longer and decided to return home, as i walked in my front door this sandy coloured barking crazy thing come pounding at me from the living room and snarled and barked at me untill i ran up stairs and stayed there for the rest of the evening! lol it was rather scarey and wow!
So when i decided to return downstairs i came face to face with this beautifull little sleeping dog.

She was sleeping like a baby! literally on my nephews lightening mcqueen throw! haha!
She was a beauty!
For the first week and a half she barked at me, wouldnt let me near her and just plane disliked me. as did I her, see I have never been a pet person, and although i LOVE animals, I just never thought we'd have one when im at this age.

Then she began to love me, and i loved her!
to the very point that EVERY night before bed, i'd kiss her, hug her and tell her i love her!
from then on we were constantly together, and even when i was away from her for even half an hour i would call my mum or step-dad and ask how she was! O_O strange i know, but she was like my child! she slept on my bed (which i know is unhealthy) but she kept my feet warm... or my back which is where she'd be when we woke up on a morning! seriously lying accross my back sprawled out like a star fish quite comfortably snoring like a neumatic drill! >_>. while id be temporarily paralysed from the neck down! but she was worth it! she was lovely and squishy and wrinkly and warm! like a huge teddy bear! :)

as she got older she got more and more spoiled like a princess, like she deserved, she was mistreated you see when she was just a puppy, she didnt like men at all, she hated the postman, and any delivery man and even my brother and neighbours. she was only loyal to me, my mum, stepdad and nephew! so she grew up into a beautifull young dog!

The fact that i was so close to her made me worry when one day i opened the fridge door to get a little snack for myself and discoverd i still had leg/foot room and a remarkable space between myself and the refridgerator which i'd never believed was there before!
(she'd usually be there before me waiting for a slice of meat for HER snack at the same time as mine)
So when i turned round she was lying beside me on the kitchen floor, and when i offerd her the daily slice of ham she loved she just stared at me, then slowly stood up and nudged my hand for me to feed her, her mouth i noticed would only open a slight bit so i had to rip the meat up into tiny bits.
I told my parents and the next day they took her straight to the VET to check her out, and we soon discoverd it was MMM (Masticatory muscle myositis) which is 'Lock Jaw' in dogs.
they gave her steroids and anti-biotics to help her out, but she got worse, and then got better after about 2 weeks of having to hand feed and spoon feed her!
Then one morning when I woke up i realised i could feel my legs... which meant she wasnt there temporarily paralysing me like normal!
She was infact downstairs lying infront of the sliding doors that lead out to the garden, and she was remarkably bigger, her stomach had swelled so much she could barely move at all, she could just say move her head to look at me when i enterd the room! my mum said she had to go to the VET again that day as she had BLOAT, which is deadly for dogs unlike humans.
That day was wednesday.
They took her in and they operated on her right away, if they didnt it would kill her within hours.
They kept her in overnight, and on Thursday she was home.
Thursday however, i became very ill, im not sure if it was the stress of worrying about my Lady Bug or not but I had pains so severe in my stomach that i literally could not walk.
I was in bed from Thursday Morning untill sunday evening when the pains finally subsided and i felt a whole lot better, by this point my step-dad had been sleeping downstairs with her for the 3 nights as she couldnt walk the stairs due to the pain and size of the scar on her stomach, you see in the operation they took away 85/90% of her stomach!
During those 3 days and nights i couldnt hugs or kiss her or tell her i loved her.
So on the Sunday night i said i wanted to stay with her like my step-dad had done, he needed rest and i needed my baby bug!
So with me having a terrible sleeping pattern back then i never went to bed untill 6-8am most days! insomniac i was!
I stayed up with her all night, she cried through the pain, i hugged her very lightly, kissed her head told her i loved her and hummed the one song that ALWAYS made her sleep! which is Spencer Bell - Pillow Mint MatchBook.
she loved it i swear! shes sleep through that song whenever i played it and when it stopped shed wake up, so i hummed it for atleast an hour untill i fell asleep at about 4:30am after telling her again that i loved her! lying beside her face to face.

At about 6am that morning my step-dad woke me up to let me go sleep while he stayed with her.
I looked at her and she was turned in the opposite direction to me. She'd turned away i believe to i'd not have to see her.
I remember asking my step-dad in a rather sleep endused voice...
"Is she breathing?"
"Yeah now go sleep"
"OK"

So as I climbed into bed, literally one knee on the matress I heard his foot steps up the stairs, into my their bedroom and him wisper "she's gone".

All I remember after that is me in the living room in the corner, my step-dad sitting over her crying and my mother standing as she does everyday with her morning cup of coffee.
I think i stood outside that morning, and it was slightly cold, for about and hour before it finally hit me. :/

She was a wonderfull Dog.
Beautifull, Happy, Mischieveious! just plain amazing!.

I still miss being temporarily paralysed every morning.
I still Miss my pillow being occupied by a little mini beast.
I still miss her sitting on my knee or nudging me or literally HITTING me with her paw when she wanted my attention,
And I still miss half of my food 'miraculously' dissapearing when I momentarily turn my head...(though i have found that to be happening again since we got little rasta brush) >_>.


But most of all i just miss my baby bug.

My Famiily and friends believe that She waited for me, to get better, to be there to say i loved her and say good night and give her a hug, they believe she waited for me to assure her that it was ok to go. That gave me compfort in believing that she just needed me to reassure her! and i will always believe that was the case. i gave her love, hugs and kisses and her favourite Spencer Bell song to help her on her journey! she was without a douby MY DOG! Spencer always helps you!

I was never a lover of ice cream, but to be quite honest i never did get much of it anyway...








So that there is the very very very short story of my wonderfully absoloutly hearbreakingly missed Babu Bug!
May she slpash in tranquill waters, chase a rabbit from cloud to cloud and eat all the Ice Cream, Ham and Midget Gems to her hearts content.

Rainbow Bridge is our deviding point but i know i'll get to her again.

Rest In Heavenly Peace Baby Bug. I love and miss you always. <3 A few pictures for you. 1. She was Rather Patriotic...
2.She was 'down' with technology O_O
3. She Took over MY bed.




And with that, I shall leave you all.
I just got a need to Reminise and tell her story.


I will update again soon, with either a story, picture, or just a random fact who knows.
So untill then...

I less than Three you all! <3

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sara,
    Just catching up after not having any internet for five days. Thank you for sharing your story about your precious furry friend. Obviously, she was family and greatly loved by you. What a blessing to be loved in return. Grief is always painful, but normal and necessary. It is the price we pay for loving and being loved. Sharing your story was a very healthy way to face your painful feelings. That's one of the main reasons I write. It is always therapeutic and healing. I'm sorry; I know you will always miss her.

    I'm happy to hear the doc finally gave you something for your pain, but concerned that there are still no answers. I will continue to pray. Know that the Lord walks with you every moment as He promised He will never leave or forsake you. I have felt His presence so strongly, so often, when I most needed Him! Hope the meds provide the relief you need and enable you to eat normally again! Hugs for you dear!~Renee'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee! thankyou, she was beautifull and writing does help with feelings i agree completey, i write alot, i never post but i write alot and it helps me so much.

    Yes the doctor gave me pain medication and something that helps me to eat! im back in a week to see them and see if i need any cameras in my stomach so hopefully we'll find something soon enough! (fingers crossed).

    Hope you're well Renee!
    Hugs for you too! ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sara,
    Thank you so much for sharing about your baby bug. Animals steal our hearts. Our little black pug, Otis, died a year ago this past November. We still miss him so bad. He was ...people...that is all. He was a hoot and he died in my arms. I SO know your grief. But like you, we adopted another fur baby. Though they can NEVER take the place of another, they are their own little beings, they are loved too, and I never see it as 'replacing', just giving another good heart a loving place to be.
    My little Riley is a clown, AND a scaredy-baby, she was abused I am sure. She came with a whole batch of rescue dogs up from L.A....So-Cal puppy dog.....Love you Sweetie and thank you for sharing your memories and your heart! Tonya...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been planning to write something on this blog since it happened last year but i always got so upset just reading what i had written so i never got round to it!, she was a beautifull baby! and Otis sounded wonderfull! im sure he is so missed! i told my mam i wanted 5 pugs for my birthday haha! she almost had a heartattack! O_O!
    Though she wont actually get me one! haha! such beautifull dogs they are!!
    Jasper wont ever replace my jazz but he's made me so happy so i will never ask for anything else.
    We did get a shih-tzu and a beagle after jazz passed, they were both girls and i just couldnt connect to them, but the shih tzu's owner missed her so much so we gave her back, and the beagle snarled at me and we found her a better home, we couldnt have her around dylan for his safety but she was a beautifull gracefull dog, then we got little raspa! haha! yep i call him raspa! he looks at me strangely too baha!
    I hope all your wonderfull doggys are good and healthy and having alot of fun! i love animals! I always dreamed i'd save endangerd animals and one day i will! and i cannot wait to do so! love you Tonya! thankyou for reading!!

    ReplyDelete